United States Embassy Warsaw
Message for U.S. Citizens: Traffic Restrictions during the NATO Summit in Warsaw
July 6, 2016
US Citizens are reminded that in the immediate run-up to and during the NATO Summit, the City of Warsaw authorities will rearrange public transport routes and close certain streets starting Thursday, 7 July. There will be also parking bans put in place in some of the streets.
PLEASE NOTE THAT DESIGNATED CLOSED ROADS ARE CLOSED FOR VEHICLE, BICYCLE, AND FOOT TRAFFIC.
To know more details, please consult the City of Warsaw website http://www.um.warszawa.pl/aktualnosci/przygotowania-warszawy-do-szczytu-nato and to: http://www.um.warszawa.pl/node/156058
At present, the traffic restrictions are planned to be put in place in the following streets:
from 07 July 9:00 to 09 July 18:00
• ul. Wybrzeże Szczecińskie – the section from the Józef Poniatowski Bridge to the Świętokrzyski Bridge;
• ul. Wał Miedzeszyński – the section from ul. Zwycięzców to the Józef Poniatowski Bridge;
• al. Zieleniecka,
• ul. Zamoyskiego – the section from ul. Targowa to ul. Sokola;
• Rondo J. Waszyngton (G. Washington’s roundabout);
• the section from ul. Saska to Rondo J. Waszyngton (G. Washington’s roundabout);
• ul. Grzybowska – the section from ul. Towarowa to ul. Królewska.
from 08 July 8:00 to 09 July 20:00
• Al. Jerozolimskie – the section from ul. T. Chałubińskiego to the Józef Poniatowski Bridge;
• the Józef Poniatowski Bridge and al. J. Poniatowskiego;
• ul. Nowy Świat,
• ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście,
• ul. Miodowa – the section from ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście to ul. Senatorska;
• ul. Królewska – the section from ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście to ul. Marszałkowska.
No-entry signs will be placed in the Praga-Południe District ‒ in ul. Wał Miedzeszyński, ul. Jakubowska, ul. Sokola, ul. J. Zamoyskiego, and other streets; in the Ochota District ‒ in Aleje Jerozolimskie, ul. Tarczyńskiej, ul. Daleka, ul. A. Krzyckiego, ul. Raszyńska, ul. Żwirki i Wigury, and other streets; in the Wola District – in ul Wronia, ul. Łucka, ul. Ciepła, ul. Grzybowska, al. Jana Pawła II, and other streets; in the Śródmieście District – in Aleje Jerozolimskie, ul. Podwale, ul. Senatorska, ul. Emili Plater, ul. M. Konopnickiej, ul. Śląska, ul. Sosnowa, ul. Nowogrodzka, ul. Krucza, ul Królewska, and other streets.
Due to specific requirements of this event, please consider all information provided at the moment as provisional and keep in mind that individual arrangements might change at any time. During the Summit itself, State Services might decide to close off other streets, too. For full and comprehensive information, you can contact the City Contact Centre Warsaw 19115 (www.warszawa19115.pl, phone no.: +48 22 19115).
For further information:
· See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, and Travel Alerts, and read the Country Specific Information for Poland.
· Enroll in the State Department’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive the latest security updates, and so the Embassy can locate you in an emergency. If you don’t have Internet access, you can enroll in STEP directly with the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.
· The S. Embassy in Warsaw is located at Aleje Ujazdowskie 29/31, telephone +48-22-504-2000. Appointments for U.S. citizen services can be made Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., excluding Polish and American holidays and the last working Wednesday of each month. Appointments may also be scheduled for Fridays from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. In the event of emergency after hours, you may contact the Embassy duty officer at +48-22-504-2000.
· The S. Consulate General in Kraków is located at Ulica Stolarska 9, 31-043, telephone +48-12- 424-5100. Appointments for U.S. citizen services can be made Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., by appointment only. The Consulate is closed on Polish and American holidays. In the event of emergency after hours, you may contact the Consulate duty officer at +48-601-483-348.
· Contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for up-to-date information on travel restrictions. You can also call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).