United States Embassy Warsaw
Alert for U.S. Citizens: Entry to Kaliningrad from Poland during FIFA World Cup 2018
June 13, 2018
The U.S. Embassy in Warsaw informs U.S. citizens traveling overland between Poland and Kaliningrad in the Russian Federation during the FIFA World Cup 2018 that the Polish Border Guard recommends early appearance at border crossing points. Border checks of travelers will take place at all traffic lanes.
Travelers can check traffic intensity on the roads leading towards the border and at the border crossing points at www.granica.gov.pl.
According to Russian regulations, fans travelling to attend World Cup matches must have a valid passport and FAN ID. For more information, visit Russia 2018-Visitor Information for World Cup 2018 link on Travel.state.gov.
Travelers with the above-mentioned documents will be able to enter the Russian Federation without visas between June 4 and July 15, and must leave Russian territory by July 25.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for Travel Advisory and Alerts for Poland.
- Enroll in the State Department’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive the latest security updates, and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the S. Embassy in Warsaw located at Aleje Ujazdowskie 29/31, telephone +48-22-504-2000, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. After-hours emergency number is +48-22-504-2000.
- Contact the S. Consulate General in Kraków located at ulica Stolarska 9, 31-043, telephone +48-12- 424-5100, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., by appointment only. After-hours emergency number for U.S. Citizens is +48-601-483-348.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitterand Facebook.