MEDIA ADVISORY | December 5 Press Briefing with Ambassador Daniel Baer
U.S. Representative to the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE)
Please join us on Monday, December 5, 2016 for a telephonic press briefing with Ambassador Daniel Baer, U.S. Representative to the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). Ambassador Baer will preview the December 8-9 OSCE Ministerial Council and will take questions from participating journalists.
Speaker: Ambassador Daniel Baer, U.S. Representative to the OSCE
Date: Monday, December 5, 2016
Time: 15:00 CEST (Brussels) | 14:00 GMT | 9:00 EDT (Washington, DC)
Ground rules: ON THE RECORD
Dial-in Info: To be provided upon RSVP
RSVP: RSVP to TheBrusselsHub@state.gov by Thursday, December 2 at 12:00 CEST.
Please indicate if you will dial in, or if you would like the operator to dial out to you. If you would like the operator to dial out to you, please provide the phone number to be used.
U.S. Representative to the OSCE
Term of Appointment: 09/10/2013 to present
Daniel Baer, the U.S Representative to the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), was sworn in as Ambassador on September 10, 2013. He was confirmed by the Senate on August 1, 2013.
Ambassador Baer served as a Deputy Assistant Secretary for the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor from November 23, 2009 – September 10, 2013. Dr. Baer’s portfolio for the Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor included the Office of East Asian Pacific Affairs, the Office of African Affairs, the Office of Multilateral and Global Affairs and the Internet freedom office.
Ambassador Baer’s full bio can be found here.
- Callers should dial in to the conference call 10 minutes before start time.
- The operator will ask for your name, press affiliation, and location.
- Ambassador Baer will give brief opening remarks, and then the moderator will open the floor to questions.
- Participants will be instructed to push the “*” and “1” buttons on their phones to enter the question queue.
- Journalists may also submit questions in advance via email to TheBrusselsHub@state.gov.
- If you experience technical difficulties during the call, please email TheBrusselsHub@state.gov to alert the moderator.
- An audio recording of the call will be available for 24 hours after the call.