Demonstration Alert – U. S. Embassy, Warsaw (October 2 and 4, 2021)
Event: Separate demonstrations are expected to occur in Warsaw on Saturday, October 2, 2021 and Monday, October 4, 2021.
On Saturday, October 2 a political demonstration regarding opposition to Sanitary Segregation Bill #1449 is scheduled between 12PM and 3PM. Officials are expecting up to 150 participants. The police do not expect violence, but some traffic congestion is expected. Participants plan to gather on Plac Zamkowy and walk along Krakowskie Przedmieście, Nowy Świat, Plac Trzech Krzyży, Aleje Ujazdowskie, Matejki, and Wiejska to the Sejm.
On Monday, October 4 a demonstration, march, and rallies regarding “World Animal Day” are planned. Officials expect up to 600 registered participants. The demonstration, march, and rallies are scheduled between 4PM and 8PM. The police do not expect violence, but significant traffic congestion is expected. Participants plan to gather at Plac Trzech Krzyży. From there they will walk along Żurawia and Parkingowa to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, located at 30 Wspólna St., to stage a rally. Later, they will continue along Krucza, Żurawia, Plac Trzech Krzyży, Aleje Ujazdowskie, Matejki, and Wiejska to the Sejm, where they plan to stage another rally.
U.S. citizens are urged to be cautious and take the following actions:
- Avoid crowds and demonstrations.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Keep a low profile.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
U.S. Embassy, Warsaw, Poland
Aleje Ujazdowskie 29/31, Piękna 12
+48 22 504 2784 (business hours)
+48 22 504 2000 (after-hours emergencies involving U.S. citizens)
U.S. Consulate General, Krakow, Poland
Ul. Stolarska 9
31-043 Krakow, Poland
+48 12 424 5100 (business hours)
+48 601 483 348 (after-hours emergencies involving U.S. Citizens)
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Poland Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, and Travel Alerts, and read the Country Specific Information for Poland.
- Enroll in the State Department’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive the latest security updates, and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy in Warsaw located at Aleje Ujazdowskie 29/31, telephone +48-22-504-2000, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. After-hours emergency number is +48-22-504-2000.
- Contact the U.S. Consulate General in Kraków located at Ulica Stolarska 9, 31-043, telephone +48-12- 424-5100, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., by appointment only. After-hours emergency number for U.S. Citizens is +48-601-483-348.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Note: The timestamp on this e-mail message may reflect Washington, D.C., time, which may differ from local time.
If you would like to unsubscribe from these messages, follow the link below. Select “unsubscribe” and enter your email address.