The U.S. Embassy in Warsaw offers Foreign National Intern Program for students who are non-US citizens, enrolled in local universities. The purpose of the program is to benefit both foreign students and the Embassy, by providing students valuable educational experience in the U.S. Mission and by assisting the Embassy in accomplishing Foreign Student Intern Program goals. This is a unique opportunity to gain valuable experience and to support the U.S. Mission in Poland.
The program is designed for students seeking internships with for a period from three to six months. Internships are unpaid and provide no benefits nor any future employment rights.
- intern program applicants must be at least 18 years of age at the time of appointment
- must have graduated from high school or equivalent secondary school prior to beginning the program
- must be enrolled in one of the Polish universities and have an active student status*
- must be a Polish citizen**
- must be in good academic standing at his/ her current educational institution.
- must have his/her own medical insurance.
* Definition of Student
Eligible students must also meet definition of a student, as follows:
“3111. For the purpose of this section, “student” means an individual who is enrolled, not less than half-time, in a high school*, trade school, technical or vocational institute, junior college, college, university or comparable recognized educational institution. An individual who is a student is deemed not to have ceased to be a student an interim between school years if the interim is not more than 5 months and if such individual shows to the satisfaction of the Department that the individual has bona fide intention of continuing to pursue a course of study or training in the same or different educational institution during the school semester (or other period into which the school year is divided) immediately after the interim”.
** Students with dual citizenship (Polish-US) are eligible for the participation in the program.
To check if there are any vacancies offered, please see the Vacancies box.