U.S. Embassy Warsaw will send a daily update to ensure all U.S citizens in the Warsaw Consular District have the latest information about COVID-19 (coronavirus) and local conditions. If different or additional information would be useful, please contact us at one of the email addresses below.
April 5, 2020
Event: Message to U.S. citizens – Update on COVID-19 and Related Restrictions
- As of April 5, the Polish Ministry of Health has confirmed 3,834 cases of COVID-19 and 84 related deaths in Poland.
- The Polish government announced on April 2 that visas, temporary resident permits, and work permits which would have expired during the Epidemic State of Emergency will be extended until 30 days after the conclusion of the Epidemic State of Emergency.
- The last charter flight operated by LOT Polish Airlines left Warsaw on April 4. LOT has indicated that it will not schedule any new flights until travel restrictions are lifted.
- At this time, the United States government has no plans to charter an evacuation flight out of Poland. However, we are gathering information from people who may be interested in such an option, should it become available. If you are interested in a U.S. government-run evacuation to the United States, please fill out this form. Please note that evacuation flights operated by the U.S. Government are not free of charge for passengers.
Actions to Take:
- Follow all restrictions on movement that the Polish government has announced. A full list of these restrictions, as well as frequently updated guidance, can be found in English on the U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 page.
- Visit the CDC’s website about COVID-19 for up-to-date information from the U.S. government about the virus.
- Visit the State Department’s COVID-19 page and the U.S. Embassy’s COVID-19 page. Both have information specifically for travelers and the U.S. Embassy page is updated regularly with information relevant for U.S. citizens in Poland.
- Enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) so the U.S. Embassy can contact you with updated information and in an emergency.
- Polish Government Resources:
- Visit the Polish Government’s COVID-19 Website for general health information, movement restrictions, and health tips.
- The Polish government has set up a national informational hotline for COVID-19 health-related inquiries. To reach this hotline, dial +48 800 190 590 and press 6 for an English-speaking operator. For emergency services, dial 112.
- Polish social service agencies provide assistance in obtaining food and medicine to those who are under home quarantine due to COVID-19. These services are available to both Polish citizens and foreigners. In Krakow, call +48 887 202 946 or +48 887 202 947 from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. or email email@example.com after hours. In Warsaw, call +48 22 487-13-00.
U.S. Embassy, Warsaw, Poland
+48 22 504 2784 (business hours)
+48 22 504 2000 (after hours emergencies involving U.S. citizens)
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Poland Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter