Message to U.S. Citizens – U.S. Embassy, Warsaw (June 21, 2022)
The State Department has announced that U.S. citizens will not be permitted to use expired U.S. passports to return to the United States after June 30, 2022. If your passport has expired, please contact U.S. Embassy Warsaw or U.S. Consulate Krakow to apply for a new U.S. passport.
Please visit https://pl.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/passports/ for information on passport renewals.
You can find the links to make a passport appointment at U.S. Embassy Warsaw or U.S. Consulate Krakow at https://pl.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/appointments/.
- All U.S. citizens should enroll in the Department of State’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and ensure you can be located in an emergency.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Poland.
- Refer to our website for the latest Alerts and Messages for U.S. citizens: https://pl.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/security-and-travel-information/
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information related to COVID-19, including testing requirements to return to the United States.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy, Warsaw, Poland
Aleje Ujazdowskie 29/31, Piękna 12
+48 22 504 2784 (business hours)
+48 22 504 2000 (after-hours emergencies involving U.S. citizens)
U.S. Consulate General, Krakow, Poland
Ul. Stolarska 9
31-043 Krakow, Poland
+48 12 424 5100 (business hours)
+48 601 483 348 (after-hours emergencies involving U.S. Citizens)
U.S. Consular Agency, Poznan, Poland
ul. Paderewskiego 8 room 06, 61-770 Poznan
Tel: +48 61 851 8516
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444
Poland Country Information
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter