U.S. Embassy Warsaw, Poland
Message for U.S. Citizens: Register to vote in 2017 – February 7, 2017
Just voted in November? Still traveling or living overseas? You should register and request your absentee ballot to vote again in 2017 to ensure your election office knows where to send your ballot for any upcoming special elections for federal office. Some states are also holding gubernatorial or other statewide elections this year.
The Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP) recommends all overseas U.S. citizens send in a completed Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) early every year. The FPCA is the registration and ballot request form accepted by all states and territories.
You can use the FPCA online assistant, complete the fillable PDF version, or pick up a hardcopy version from your nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Be sure your contact information is accurate in case your election office needs to reach you.
If you’d like more information on the Federal Voting Assistance Program or need help with the absentee voting process please go to FVAP.gov or call FVAP at 703-588-1584 (toll free 1-800-438-VOTE or DSN 425-1584) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The American Citizen Services Voting Assistance Officer can be contacted at +22 504 2784, or at email@example.com.You can also contact the Federal Voting Assistance Program directly if you encounter issues with local election officials by emailing Vote@FVAP.gov or toll free by phone from many countries around the world.
For further information about security in Poland:
- See the State Department’s travel websitefor the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, and Travel Alerts, and read the Country Specific Information for Poland.
- Enroll in the State Department’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)to receive the latest security updates, and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the S. Embassy in Warsawlocated at Aleje Ujazdowskie 29/31, telephone +48-22-504-2000, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. After-hours emergency number is +48-22-504-2000.
- Contact the S. Consulate General in Krakówlocated at Ulica Stolarska 9, 31-043, telephone +48-12- 424-5100, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., by appointment only. After-hours emergency number for U.S. Citizens is +48-601-483-348.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444from other countries. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
Note: The timestamp on this e-mail message may reflect Washington, D.C., time, which may differ from local time.