Location: Przemysl, Poland
Event: The security situation throughout Ukraine continues to be violent and unpredictable due to ongoing military attacks by Russia, with active fighting in country and uncertain safety conditions. The U.S. Embassy urges U.S. citizens in Ukraine to depart now using privately available ground transportation options if it is safe to do so. See the latest travel advisories.
Services for U.S. Citizens Arriving in Poland from Ukraine
After more than six weeks assisting U.S. citizens arriving in Poland from Ukraine, the U.S. Embassy in Warsaw is closing its American Citizen Welcome Center, located at the SPA Gloria Hotel in Przemysl, Poland, on Wednesday, March 30. This decision is based on a declining and currently low level of inquiries and in-person visits to Welcome Center and the enhanced services available at the border from the Polish Government and humanitarian organizations. Information and consular services for U.S. citizens will continue to be available from the U.S. Embassy in Warsaw and the U.S. Consulate General in Krakow (contact information below).
Polish Receptions Centers: The Government of Poland has established reception centers for temporary accommodations of people arriving from Ukraine at many locations near the border and throughout Poland and is providing transportation to these reception centers.
- Official information in English from the Government of Poland is available here.
- A map of the Polish reception centers is available here.
- For detailed information on crossing the border, contact the Polish Border Guard helpline at: +48 82 568 51 19.
- For Assistance from the U.S. Government:
- Complete the Department of State’s online assistance form;
- Call +1 606 260 4379 (outside the U.S.) or +1 833 741 2777 (from the U.S.); or
- Email KyivACS@state.gov if in Ukraine.
- Call +48 22 504 2784 or +48 22 504 2000 (U.S. Embassy Warsaw), or +48 12 424 5100 (U.S. Consulate General Krakow), or email ACSWarsaw@state.gov or KrakowACS@state.gov if in Poland.
U.S. Embassy, Warsaw, PolandACSWarsaw@state.govhttps://pl.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/Aleje Ujazdowskie 29/31, Piękna 12 00-539, Warsaw +48 22 504 2784 (business hours) +48 22 504 2000 (after-hours emergencies involving U.S. citizens)
U.S. Consulate General, Krakow, Poland
ul. Stolarska 9
31-043 Krakow, Poland
+48 12 424 5100 (business hours)
+48 601 483 348 (after-hours emergencies involving U.S. Citizens)
U.S. Consular Agency, Poznan, Polandhttps://pl.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulate/consular-agency-poznan/Ul. Paderewskiego 8 room 06, 61-770 Poznan Tel: +48 61 851 8516 CAPoz@post.pl
State Department – Consular AffairsPoland Country InformationEnroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates. Follow us on Facebook and Twitter888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444