United States Mission to Poland
Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Europe Travel Alert – May 31, 2016
As part of the State Department’s continuous efforts to provide Americans travelling abroad with information about relevant events, we are alerting U.S. citizens to the risk of potential terrorist attacks throughout Europe, targeting major events, tourist sites, restaurants, commercial centers and transportation. The large number of tourists visiting Europe in the summer months will present greater targets for terrorists planning attacks in public locations, especially at large events. The full text of the Europe Travel Alert is available at https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/europe-travel-alert.html. This Travel Alert expires August 31, 2016.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, and Travel Alerts, and read the Country Specific Information for Poland.
- Enroll in the State Department’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive the latest security updates, and so the Embassy can locate you in an emergency. If you don’t have Internet access, you can enroll in STEP directly with the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.
- The U.S. Embassy in Warsaw is located at Aleje Ujazdowskie 29/31, telephone +48-22-504-2000. Appointments for U.S. citizen services can be made Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., excluding Polish and American holidays and the last working Wednesday of each month. Appointments may also be scheduled for Fridays from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. In the event of emergency after hours, you may contact the Embassy duty officer at +48-22-504-2000.
- The U.S. Consulate General in Kraków is located at Ulica Stolarska 9, 31-043, telephone +48-12- 424-5100. Appointments for U.S. citizen services can be made Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., by appointment only. The Consulate is closed on Polish and American holidays. In the event of emergency after hours, you may contact the Consulate duty officer at +48-601-483-348.
- Contact the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for up-to-date information on travel restrictions. You can also call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).