United States Mission to Poland
Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Europe Travel Alert – March 22, 2016
The State Department alerts U.S. citizens to potential risks of travel to and throughout Europe following several terrorist attacks, including the March 22 attacks in Brussels claimed by ISIL. Terrorist groups continue to plan near-term attacks throughout Europe, targeting sporting events, tourist sites, restaurants, and transportation. The full text of the Europe Travel Alert is available at https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/europe-travel-alert.html. This Travel Alert expires on June 20, 2016.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel websitefor the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Poland Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program(STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- The U.Embassy in Warsaw is located at Aleje Ujazdowskie 29/31, telephone +48-22-504-2000. Appointments for U.S. citizen services can be made Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., excluding Polish and American holidays and the last working Wednesday of each month. Appointments may also be scheduled for Fridays from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. In the event of emergency after hours, you may contact the Embassy duty officer at +48-22-504-2000.
- The U.Consulate General in Kraków is located at Ulica Stolarska 9, 31-043, telephone +48-12-424-5100. Appointments for U.S. citizen services can be made Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., by appointment only. The Consulate is closed on Polish and American holidays. In the event of emergency after hours, you may contact the Consulate duty officer at +48-601-483-348.
- The U.Consular Agency in Poznan in located at Ulica Paderewskiego 8, 61-770, telephone +48-61-851-8516. The Consular Agency is open to the public except for U.S. and Polish holidays on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Contact the U.S. embassy or consulate for up-to-date information on travel restrictions.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.