United States Embassy Warsaw
Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Demonstration (December 20, 2016)
U.S. Embassy Warsaw informs U.S. citizens that opposition groups will demonstrate in front of the Sejm during parliamentary session at Wiejska 4/6/8 in Warsaw on December 20, 2016 between 11:00 a.m. and midnight. Up to 10,000 people are expected to participate in the event. U.S. citizens should avoid areas of demonstrations, and exercise caution if in the vicinity of any large gatherings, protests, or demonstrations. Even demonstrations intended to be peaceful can turn confrontational and escalate into violence.
For more information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, the Travel Warnings, and the Europe Travel Alert, and read the Country Specific Information for Poland.
- Enroll in the State Department’s Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive the latest security updates, and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Contact the Embassy in Warsaw located at Aleje Ujazdowskie 29/31, telephone +48-22-504-2000, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. After-hours emergency number is +48-22-504-2000.
- Contact the Consulate General in Kraków located at Ulica Stolarska 9, 31-043, telephone +48-12- 424-5100, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., by appointment only. After-hours emergency number for U.S. Citizens is +48-601-483-348.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries. These numbers are available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.