United States Mission to Poland
Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Worldwide Caution – September 9, 2016
Please be advised that the Department of State is updating the Worldwide Caution with information on the continuing threat of terrorist actions and violence against U.S. citizens and interests throughout the world. Current information suggests that terrorist groups continue to plan attacks in multiple regions. Recent terrorist attacks, whether by those affiliated with terrorist entities, copycats, or individual perpetrators, serve as a reminder that U.S. citizens need to maintain a high level of vigilance and take appropriate steps to increase their security awareness. The full text of the Worldwide Caution is available at https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/worldwide-caution.html. This replaces the Worldwide Caution dated March 3, 2016.
For further information:
- See the State Department’s travel website for the Worldwide Caution, Travel Warnings, Travel Alerts, and Poland Country Specific Information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security messages and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- The U.Embassy in Warsaw is located at Aleje Ujazdowskie 29/31, telephone +48-22-504-2000. Appointments for U.S. citizen services can be made Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., excluding Polish and American holidays and the last working Wednesday of each month. Appointments may also be scheduled for Fridays from 1:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. In the event of emergency after hours, you may contact the Embassy duty officer at +48-22-504-2000.
- TheConsulate General in Kraków is located at Ulica Stolarska 9, 31-043, telephone +48-12-424-5100. Appointments for U.S. citizen services can be made Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m., by appointment only. The Consulate is closed on Polish and American holidays. In the event of emergency after hours, you may contact the Consulate duty officer at +48-601-483-348.
- The Consular Agency in Poznan in located at Ulica Paderewskiego 8, 61-770, telephone +48-61-851-8516. The Consular Agency is open to the public except for U.S. and Polish holidays on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Contact the U.S. embassy or consulate for up-to-date information on travel restrictions.
- Call 1-888-407-4747 toll-free in the United States and Canada or 1-202-501-4444 from other countries from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday (except U.S. federal holidays).
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Note: The timestamp on this e-mail message may reflect Washington, D.C., time, which may differ from local time