Enroll in STEP to receive urgent updates: https://step.state.gov/
U.S. consuls can assist U.S. citizens abroad who are temporarily destitute due to unforeseen circumstances. U.S. citizens who find themselves in these circumstances should contact the Embassy in Warsaw by using our U.S. Citizens Services Navigator, the Consulate General in Krakow at KrakowACS@state.gov or the State Department’s Office of Overseas Citizens Services at 1-888-407-4747 (during business hours) or 202-647-5225 (after hours). Consular officers can help destitute Americans contact family, bank, or employer to arrange for transfer of funds. In some cases, these funds can be wired through the Department of State. For information on how a consular officer can help under these circumstances, see http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/emergencies/financial-assistance.html.
For Warsaw, use our U.S. Citizens Services Navigator to receive instructions for contacting us.
For Krakow, email KrakowACS@state.gov with as much of the following information as possible:
- USE THIS SUBJECT LINE: E11 – NAME OF U.S. CITIZEN
- Full name of the U.S. citizen
- Date of birth of the U.S. citizen
- Passport number of the U.S. citizen
- Location of the U.S. citizen
- Indicate: circumstances of destitution
- Name and contact information of the next of kin of the U.S. citizen
- Your full name and contact phone number
- Any further information that you find important