Renew a Passport

Adult’s Passport – Renewal of an Existing Passport

If your most recent U.S. passport is:

  • Undamaged and can be submitted with your application;
  • Was issued when you were aged 16 or older;
  • Was issued within the last 15 years;
  • Was issued in your current name or you can legally document your name change by Court Order or Marriage Certificate;
  • Was valid for 10 years

please review the following FIVE STEPS before beginning your application.

Complete Form DS-82 Application for a U.S. Passport

Please ignore pages one and two of the printed instruction pages, as they do not apply when applying for your passport in Poland.  The form must be printed on separate sheets of paper; do NOT print this form on front and back of the same sheet.

Step 2 – Supporting Documents

You are required to submit:

  • Your most recent U.S. passport;
  • Valid proof of identity (if your passport expired):
  1. 1. a valid passport of any country;
  2. 2. a valid driver’s license with photograph;
  3. 3. a national identity card with photograph;
  4. 4. a valid U.S. or State government ID card; or
  5. 5. a U.S. military ID card;
  • Original Marriage Certificate or Court Order showing change of name if it was changed since the last passport was issued.

The fee is 110 USD for the renewal of the passport. Please review the information on acceptable methods of payment. Payment is made on the day of the appointment.


The fee is a non-refundable processing fee and is retained by the Department of State whether or not the passport is issued