Additional Resources for U.S. Citizens

Enroll in STEP to receive urgent updates:


Traveling to Poland
Poland is a member of the Schengen Borders Agreement. If you are a qualified visitor for tourism or business with a valid U.S. passport, you can apply to enter the Schengen area without a visa for a period of 90 days within each 180 day period. To enter the Schengen area you need a U.S. passport (with applicable visas, if needed), valid for at least 90 days beyond your intended date of departure from the Schengen area. For information on extending a stay in Poland, applying for residence in Poland, or applying for a work permit in Poland, please contact the Polish Embassy in Washington. Please refer to the U.S. Travelers in Europe for more information on the Schengen Borders Agreement.

Country Information on Poland
For more information on entry/exit requirements for U.S. Citizens, crime, special circumstances, health information, traffic safety and other issues please refer to Country Information on Poland.


Can you help me do genealogical research to find Polish relatives?

The Embassy and Consulate do not offer genealogical services for U.S. citizens, but you may find more information here.