Replacement for a Lost/Stolen Passport
Please follow the below SEVEN STEPS if:
- Your previous U.S. passport was lost, stolen or damaged
Please also note:
- Special Requirements for All Minors Under the Age of 16
- Special Requirements for All Minors Ages 16 & 17
Step 1 - Complete form DS-11, Application for a U.S. Passport
Applicants aged 16 and over must sign their own application before the consular officer at the time of the application. Please ignore pages one and two of the printed instruction pages, as they do not apply when applying for your passport in Poland. Form DS-11 must be printed on separate sheets of paper; do NOT print this form on front and back of the same sheet.
Complete also form DS-64 in case your previous passport was lost/stolen or damaged/mutilated.
Step 2 - Present evidence of U.S. Citizenship
All documentation submitted as evidence will be returned to applicants.
You should be prepared to submit your U.S. passport issued when you were under 16 (if applicable) and at least one of the following:
- a U.S. Birth Certificate;
- a U.S. Consular Report of Birth Abroad;
- a U.S. Certificate of Citizenship;
- a U.S. Naturalization Certificate.
If you are unable to present any of the documents listed above, please call the U.S. Citizen Services at +48 22 504 2784.
Step 3 - Submit proof of identity
Acceptable identification includes:
- a valid passport of any country;
- a valid driver’s license with photograph;
- a national identity card with photograph;
- a valid U.S. or State government ID card; or
- a U.S. military ID card.
Step 4 – Additional Documents
Police report regarding passport theft in case you’re applying for a replacement for a stolen passport.
Step 5 - Pay the applicable fee
The fee is 135 USD for first time adult’s passport or replacement for a lost/stolen passport. Please review the information on acceptable methods of payment. Payment is made on the day of the appointment.
The fee is a non-refundable processing fee and is retained by the Department of State whether or not the passport is issued.