Social Security Online Services (mySocialSecurity)

Previously, you needed a U.S. mailing address to access Social Security’s free mySocialSecurity account and use their online services. Now, many people without a U.S. mailing address can create a personal mySocialSecurity account and use the online services with an credential.  If you don’t already have an credential:

  1. Go to
  2. On the mySocialSecurity page, select the “Create an Account” button and then select “Sign in with”
  3. Select the “Create an account” link and follow the instructions.
  4. On’s “Verify Your Identity” screen, select the “I don’t live in the United States” link at the bottom of the page and follow the instructions to complete the registration process.
  5. Once you create your credential, you will be returned to the mySocialSecurity webpage for next steps.

If you already have an credential, select “Sign In” from the mySocialSecurity page and then sign in to You will be redirected to your mySocialSecurity account.

Note: if you had a mySocialSecurity account prior to moving overseas, you will need to create an credential to use it from an international address.

Once you have created your personal mySocialSecurity account, you will be able to:

  • Check your earnings.
  • Get your benefit estimates.
  • Check the status of your application or appeal.
  • View, print, or save a benefit verification letter (Social Security is unable to mail to a foreign address).
  • Change Special Notice Options (SNO Notices).
  • Access some representative payee services.
  • View, print, or save a replacement SSA-1099/1042S tax statement (Social Security is unable to mail replacement statements to a foreign address).
  • Access online notices.
  • Request a replacement Medicare Card.

Some services are not available outside of the United States:

  • Changing your address.
  • Changing your direct deposit.
  • Requesting a replacement Social Security card.