Please check the website Holidays and Closures to check when the Consular Section of the Embassy in Warsaw and the Consulate General in Krakow will be closed to the public.
The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Warsaw and the Consulate General in Krakow are responsible for providing visa services to those seeking to enter the United States for a temporary period and for those wishing to take up indefinite or permanent residence in the United States.
Email: To reach a customer service representative via email, please write to email@example.com.
Telephone: Please contact a customer service representative using one of these telephone numbers:
- Callers in Poland – Call +48 22 3071361 (Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.)
- Callers in the United States – Call +1 703-988-7101 (Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. local time)
More contact information can be found on: https://www.ustraveldocs.com/pl/en/contact-us
U.S. Embassy Consular Section
ul. Piekna 12
Tel: +48 22 625 1401 – 24-Hour Automated Consular Information
Hale C. VanKoughnett
Consul General, Warsaw
Visa and Consular Information
U.S. Consulate General
ul. Stolarska 9
Tel: +48 12 424 5100
Fax: +48 12 424 5103
Patrick T. Slowinski
Consul General, Krakow
Visiting the Embassy or Consulate
As you prepare for your visit to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate, there are a few things you can do to help speed your entry. The safety of our guests and employees is something we take very seriously so all visa applicants and American Citizen Services (ACS) customers must go through security screening before entering the Consular Section. To help avoid unnecessary delays for yourself and others, there are a few things which you should not bring:
- Large shoulder bags/purses – bigger than the size of an A-4 format page and zip folders. Applicants may bring one plastic bag or folder with application related documents or a small purse or handbag. Immigrant visa applicants may bring their visa application materials and the sealed envelope with the results of their medical examination.
- Luggage, such as suitcases, backpacks, briefcases, and other travel bags. These items cannot be brought to the Embassy/Consulate and cannot be left outside the Embassy/Consulate on the sidewalk or with individuals waiting outside. You may wish to leave your luggage in your hotel room or a train station locker.
- Battery-operated or electronic devices such as cameras, laptops, recording devices or portable music players.
- Food and drink.
- Sealed envelopes or packages, except for sealed envelopes containing medical exam results.
- Cigarettes, cigars, match boxes, lighters.
- Sharp objects such as scissors, pen knives or nail files.
- Weapons or explosive materials of any kind.
- Cellular telephones must be left with Embassy/Consulate security personnel.
This list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
There is no facility at the Embassy/Consulate to store prohibited items (aside from cellular telephones). You will need to make arrangements to store these items elsewhere before entering.
Only American Citizens seeking ACS services or visa applicants and ACS customers with a confirmed appointment will be admitted to the Consular Section.
Unfortunately, there is no parking available at the Embassy/Consulate and cars cannot stop or stand on the street in front of the building. Visa applicants and ACS customers arriving by car should park in one of the paid public parking spots near the Embassy/Consulate or arrange to be dropped off down the street.
Visa Waiver Program
Poland has been formally designated as a member of the Visa Waiver Program. The Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA) is available now.
Please see our Fact Sheet and Frequently Asked Questions for additional information about visa-free travel to the United States for Polish citizens. Travelers may obtain general information about the Visa Waiver Program at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/tourist-visit/visa-waiver-program.html, and about ESTA at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov.