How to Apply

  1. How to Apply
  2. Fees

For information on how to apply for a nonimmigrant visa and for scheduling your visa appointment please:

or call:

  • Callers in Poland – +48 22 3071361
  • Callers in Belarus – 8 820 0011 0261 from a landline; 703 988 7108
  • Callers in the United States – 703-988-7101

English- and Polish-speaking customer service agents are ready to assist you 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday. The call center is closed Saturdays, Sundays, December 25, and January 1.

When you register for an appointment, you will be given a time to enter the Consular Section.  For your safety and convenience, we ask that you arrive at this time, and not earlier. We don’t want you to have to wait on the street, particularly during periods of harsh weather.

We cannot guarantee that you will be issued a visa. Do not make final travel plans or buy tickets until you have a visa.

DS-160 application form

Once you have completed and submitted this application, please print the confirmation page that includes some biographical information and a bar code with a confirmation number.  You will have to bring this confirmation to your scheduled interview. 

The form has been translated into Polish, and the translation can be viewed by placing the cursor over the relevant text in the form. The application form cannot be saved online.  Please save the form to your computer regularly, since you may need to return to it later.

Review the information on the form before submitting it. Everything must be correct and accurate. Once the application is submitted, it is impossible to make any changes.   If you present falsified information, you may be found permanently inadmissible to the United States.  Therefore, please ensure that all the information contained within it is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge.

Your passport should be valid for six months beyond the date that you intend to depart the U.S. If your passport is valid for less than six months we can still issue a visa but your stay in the U.S. will be limited to the expiration date of your passport.

If your passport expires before your visa, you can still use it to travel to the U.S. as long as the visa does not have passport cancelation holes punched through it. In such case you travel with two passports, the expired one with a valid U.S. visa and with your new passport.

Please note that Poland has an agreement with the U.S. to honor the validity of its passports for an additional six months beyond the expiration date.

Please Note: Under Polish law, Polish passports lose validity 60 days after a Polish citizen legally changes his or her name because of marriage, divorce, or any other personal circumstance.  The U.S. Embassy cannot place visas into invalid passports. It is the responsibility of the visa applicant to provide a valid passport at the time of the visa interview.

For more information on visa payments please visit Payment Options/Pay My Visa Fee

For the current MRV fee amount and payment information please see Fees.

If you ever been arrested or convicted for any offence or crime, you must bring to the interview a recent copy of a good conduct certificate and court records. If the criminal offense took place in Poland, you should contact the National Criminal Register Information Office at Czerniakowska Street 100 in Warsaw (see map) to issue a good conduct certificate. If the criminal offense took place outside of Poland, you must bring a good conduct certificate/police record and court records issued by government authorities of the country where the offense happened.

All documents must be translated into English.

If you have any valid U.S. visas, including the ones in your old passport, please bring them to the interview.

To help protect your identity, please report the loss of your passport with a valid U.S. visa to the Consular Section by e-mail. Please provide your full name, date of birth, telephone number, the lost passport number, and the visa issuance date.


Applicants applying for H, L, O, P, Q, R visas must obtain an approved Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker from USCIS.
Important Note: The Form I-797 is no longer needed for your interview. However, to verify petition approval we will need your I-129 petition receipt number so please make sure to have this available at the interview.
Please note that the Notice of Action, form I-797A or B, is not valid for travel unless accompanied by the appropriate visa.

L1 Blanket Applicants

Visa applicants included in L blanket petitions must provide a copy of the Form I-797, Notice of Action (notifying the petitioner of the approval of the blanket petition) and 3 copies of the Form I-129S, Nonimmigrant Petition Based on Blanket L Petition.

Crew members must present a seaman’s book and a letter from an agency and/or cruise line confirming their employment on board a vessel. The letter should include the name of the applicant, detailed information on the purpose of the trip, the length of contract, name of the ship, location of the ship, complete itinerary of the ship, job description, and the crew member’s rank/position.